Monday, July 02, 2007

Nothing is cooler than the iPhone!

The date of this post is 7/2/07 which means that the iPhone was released last Friday. On Sunday I visited the Apple Store at the Burlington Mall in Burlington, MA and got to play with one. The first thing to hit me was the size. I have a 15GB iPod. the iPhone appears a little longer, not as wide and about 1/3 thinner! And it's light. The screen is amazing - vivid color. The interface is very intuitive, however, I kept looking for a close or back button. It appears that you simply hit the home button to leave an application. I was able to send an email and make a telephone call. The keyboard is a little awkward at first. I assume my fingers would easily get used to it. The pop-up nature of the keyboard letters does help with typing. Surfing on the web is incredible. It's amazing to see full web pages and then just tap and zoom. Surfing is a bit slow but very usable. I would expect this to improve as data services improve. As I said before, I'm waiting for the second generation of this device. In the meantime, I strongly urge you to go to an Apple Store and take the iPhone for a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: